Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring

Hi Hi!

Well it has been three months of horrible snow and cold. Mom and dad have been busy they opened a new shop and I have been busy making sure they know every time someone comes in. I am not fond of all those smelly, noisy, loud people that are always coming in and disturbing my space. I am not going to quit barking at them, so there. I don't like them. I do love to go to the shop and to come home though. Exciting!

Well it is spring here, it is a bit of a sad day today because today is the day we would have been coming home from Belize if we had not left early. I miss the warm sun and the no snow. I miss my daily walk about. Now they are issuing another snow fall warning here for tomorrow. YUCK YUCK YUCK. I know mom and dad hate snow. I often wonder why there is snow in the world to begin with and why the heck I had to be born in a snowy country. How unfair is that! It is kind of stupid if you ask me.

The only up side I can see to a snowy country is that people are a bit.... ok ok .....very ambitious. Well they really have no choice if they are not they will Freeze to Death in the cold snowy months. Also you do not see the poverty as much here because it is to COLD, everyone is indoors somewhere you can not live outside.

So the snow is melting and the sun is shining and it is going to freaking snow tomorrow again! Now is the time I want mom and dad to get back on a plane and fly me the heck out of here. If we were rich I am sure they would! We however are not. As much as they wish they would win the lottery hahaha. So they work really hard and we survive, just like most of the people in the world. I get a couple treats and sometimes I even get food I like, I am really really picky. And if I lay in the sun and close my eyes I can pretend there is NO SNOW


So back to mom and dads new shop. It is doing good, been pretty steady for clients. They are looking forward to summer to make some extra so maybe we can go away for a couple months this winter. Thinking of spending time in Hawaii, mom LOVES Hawaii and is always asking why she was not born in a beautiful place like that. I can not imagine anyone saying, why oh why was I not born in a great country like Canada but I know they are out there. Lots of people immigrate here, I guess we do have a great country for jobs and working in. Like I say not a lazy country, we are too cold here! We have to keep moving or we will freeze to death in the winter. When summer actually comes for the 3 months we have nice weather it is so beautiful. I just do not get why it has to snow! And of course Canada does not have any beautiful tropical hot areas. We have the West coast where it rarely snows but it is far from tropical and because it is the only part of the country that does not get snow it is over populated and over priced to live there because everyone who can not get out of the country wants to live there. Well except for the fact it rains 80% of the time there. Lots of people can not handle that. I am not sure if I could or not, but at this point I do not foresee having to figure it out as we are once again stuck in the snowbound land we are in.  The one upside to it is looking forward to summer and then be fortunate enough to make enough money to go somewhere warm for awhile in the winter.

So I am excitedly waiting for spring, and just when we get a little tease and the snow starts to melt it freaking snows again! GRRRRRRRR. I am getting very very annoyed with it. But hey what can I do? Mother Nature can sure be a bitch and there is absolutely NOTHING anyone can do to stop her. Maybe next year will be a better year and we will get almost no snow!!! I love those kinds of winters, okay I don't 'love' them but I sure like them a lot better.

 I know what mom and dad would love is to be able to pick up their whole life here and move it to a country with palm trees, sunshine and oceans. Business and all.

Oh well got to get back under my blanket and nap. It is still a bit chilly here.



Bark at you later.
Jasper




1 comment:

  1. Cherie and Don,

    My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in the Caribbean/Central America and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The contributors on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Joe Pinzone
    Casting Producer
    P: 212-231-7716
    Skype: Joefromnyc

    ReplyDelete