Monday, November 5, 2012

A Day Off

Hey everyone

Well we have been here for three weeks now. I am actually used to the heat and the smells and loving my daily walks in NO SNOW! Not to sure of the food though besides the chicken bits I get occasionally, I am running low on my Little Caesar's and mom and dad have been supplementing a locally made dog food. I don't think I like it very much. It has funny things in it like fruit and stuff ewww. But I guess I will get used to it if I have too.  Who said I was a spoiled dog???

It rained a bit yesterday, made it really humid outside. Like it is not humid all the time LOL.

Most things are closed on a Sunday in Belize, kind of like it used to be back home years ago I am told. People actually have a life here and whole day to spend it with there families even the ones with less money. Not like home where it is usually the poorer people that have to work weekends and holidays. Although more and more businesses are opening 7 days a week back home, a person is hard pressed to find a business that is closed on a Sunday or holiday. The society we live in back home is so commercially oriented that family is an after thought. Oh My God what would people do if they could not go shopping every day and all night to spend all there money and fill the big gaping empty holes in there emotional lives! How would they be happy? How would they survive? I think that if all the things that are bought and thrown away still good every year in Canada could supply the people here with houses so full of things they would never have to worry about shopping for anything again.

People live such a simpler life here. You buy your dishes, from a choice of three different patterns and types if your lucky and you keep them forever, you do not go out and buy a new pattern and style every time you turn around. Where at home we have towels and blankets to supply an army here you are lucky to have one blanket for each bed and one towel each. No cupboards full of things you never use. No garage sales to get rid of all the stuff you thought was great deal and could not pass up and never used, only used once, put away and forgot about it . . . . . . No second had stores to sell new-used stuff that people don't want once they bought it. People are not drowning in stuff here and that gives them time for family. Family is very important here. People are less stressed, healthier, more relaxed and more friendly.   They are not madly running around looking for more stuff to buy. There is none! You can walk into the clinic and see the doctor as soon as you walk in because people are not as sick from the stress of working there butts off to buy stuff.

It is so nice to relax and enjoy life for a change.

Well off to get ready for my walk
Bark at you later

No comments:

Post a Comment