Friday, November 2, 2012

Got pillows

Well I am happy to report we found pillows. After searching high and low through it seemed every store in town, we went into two stores yesterday that we had not been in and low and behold they had bed pillows! Lots and lots of bed pillows! This is very good as I was beginning to despair as I love pillows. Ya I am a bit of a lazy spoiled dog and I like to lay on pillows and under pillows, what can I say? I like big fluffy blankets and quilts too, that we have found but in short supply and very expensive. So we continue to search for a quilt.

There are lots and lots of dogs here. Most of them are pretty well looked after from what I see, a few without homes though. There is one that lives two houses down from us someone said it is only 5 months old. It is a pit bull and it is locked in a 3ft. x 3ft box 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We saw the man who owns it take it out twice tie it on a short chain to a piece of cement and poke it with a stick :-O poor puppy. Where does it go to the bathroom? I would not like to be locked up like that all the time. Mom and dad think it is being trained to be a fighting dog, poor dog :-(
Sadly there seems to be no stopping the cruelty of the world and peoples hunger for it that feeds it.

Mom keeps laughing at me for trying to eat the pigeon feathers on the deck. I say if you can't have the pigeon. . . . .

The weather sure does change fast here. When we got here in mid October the weather was plus 30 felt like plus 40 and not much cooler at night so hot! Now it is a lot cooler around plus 30 and feels like plus 32 and it even goes down to 20 or less at night. That is so much easier to sleep it is a lot like summer back home now. Thank goodness we are not back home mom says she read it is snowing like crazy and cold. I am so appreciating coming her now it we were back in Canada my daily walks would have stopped by now!

I am off to get ready for the day, the maid comes today to clean its nice. Everything gets very dusty here! Only problem is she comes in the morning so I have to wait until after lunch to go for my walk. Oh well the sacrifices I make so we can have dust free house and a clean toilet, not that I use the toilet, but the gardener does pick up my poopies so it is the same thing I guess haha!

Check ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment