Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bacon anyone??

Well even though I am not allowed to eat much bacon I do love the smell of bacon. Okay I love the smell of all meat :-)

Funny thing here in Belize there is very little smoked meat. Ham, bacon anything like that is more expensive and hard to come by. There is bologna and hotdogs, both which taste really good, mom always shares with me! The liver if you are a liver fan is to die for!

Something else I miss is the doggy treats. Coming from a country that has whole stores dedicated to spoiling me (and others like me) it is a bit of a culture shock to come to a country that has no dog treats. Not a milk bone, dental bone, beggin strip or snausage to be had. :-( So I miss the treats! Thats okay though mom and dad are missing there favorite treats too. There are Pringles here but mom has not bought any yet says it is healthier not too, but I think she really is feeling sorry for me that I have no treats so she is abstaining from treats for herself to make me feel better.

There is a little thing you can buy here that when you deep fry it, it puffs up and makes a crispy rice type treat. They sell them in bags in the stores back home but we do not remember the name. Luckily for us mom actually knew what it was when we saw them in bulk bags in the store and knew if she fried them they would turn into a treat. Who knew? Glad she knew this too, she said a friend showed her them when she was in college and so lucky us it is one of those strange things that do not confuse us here! Dad did not believe her she had to prove it.


Everyone is so friendly, and I think we are starting to slow down like the local Belizeans. Learning to relax and enjoy the sun and breeze. I love my daily walk! So do mom and dad I think. It is funny we walk at least a mile sometimes two miles a day and we are enjoying it! Imagine that mom and dad enjoying walking. I think it is easier to do when everyone does it and you fit in, your not the only person walking down the road for miles around. Something funny that we noticed was a lot of people riding there peddle bikes listening to there music, like playing the radio in the car. Makes us chuckle. 


Something we saw when we were on our walk was a home that had 'plywood for rent' it was funny. Not really unreasonable though as nothing we have seen was built with plywood. Slats and boards and bricks and cement. But no plywood.


A lot of people use corrugated steal for fencing. It think it is old roofing material and must be easy to come by. 


Although most people have cement and ironwork fences. They are very beautiful.


There is so much too see, (and smell) on our walks everyday.

Well off to see what the neighbour dogs are up too.
Bark at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment