Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Count Down

The count down to my fabulous adventure has begun! Well okay it began two years ago but I mean really I can actually count that high (okay low) this time.

Mom and dad packed the suitcases. Is moms suitcase ever HEAVY, whew, good thing I am to small to haul it around, poor dad.  To be fair it is not all her clothes it is all the other stuff we are going to need okay not me per say but everything else they are going to need while we are in Belize. I think though personally that a lot of what they are packing they could very well get it down there just as well. By the time you pay for the extra bag and all to take the stuff you probably are not saving any money by buying it here to take down there.  But don't listen to me or anything,  I am just the cute little family mascot what the heck do I know. So now a second (okay) third suitcase is going to have to be packed and brought along. Which really if you think about it is not too bad considering mom used to pack a whole large suitcase for a one week vacation and she is only packing three for six months this time, and one of them is my dads. She actually paired down the clothes she is taking to one side of her suitcase. Which was great. It was all the deodorant and leave in conditioner that seems to be weighing down the bags. That and the three big boxes of chocolate!

Okay I admit the chocolate is a health thing she is trying at the moment she is not packing it because she is so addicted to chocolate and can't live without it, but it sounded funny.  The chocolate is supposed to be loaded with all kinds of good things like antioxidants and probiotics (whatever that is) hey did you know that probiotics is such a new word it is not even in the dictionary, wonder what genius thought up that. 'Hey lets come up with a new word that sounds healthy so we can sell more stuff to poor unsuspecting cow... oops sorry .... I mean people'. The chocolate company claims that three little pieces of this chocolate is like eating 6 lbs of spinach or some crazy amount of tomatoes in one sitting. . It also has acai berry and some other kind of berry in it too.  How all that goodness can come from chocolate I don't know I find it a little hard to wrap my brain around it but admittedly my brain is pretty small, but because it is small if I were to understand it then it would mean it was easy to understand right? Okay we will see. The sad part of it all is this company that is making and selling the chocolate that is so healthy for you has it set up like a multi level marketing thing where you 'can' sign up and get a discount on your product when you buy it, and people can be signed up under you but to benefit from people signing up under you you HAVE TO GO ON AUTOMATIC SHIP AND PAY. Now that is a definite rip off and scam if I ever heard one. How fair is that? If you don't agree to have this chocolate automatically shipped to you and they take the money from your credit card every month you can sign up a million people under you but you do not benefit from it someone else does. Way to scam people into signing up for auto payment. So anyway my mom is really annoyed about that, she hates it when people try to force you into doing something you don't want to do by withholding benefits if you don't do what they want. Yup.

So anyway she bought three boxes of the chocolate to take with her when we go and that is about 10 extra pounds in the suitcase. It is amazing how quickly a little suitcase can become really really heavy. And it is not from my 12 little packages of dog food or the two squeakies my mom packed for me either. Of course suitcase weight can be deceiving too. A lot of time you think they weigh way more than the really do. But dad can hardly lift my moms so I think hers it to heavy, just my opinion..... okay dads opinion too actually!

It is getting a little cold here not liking that it is supposed to go down to 0 this week <:-O
Not liking that. But it will help me appreciate the weather I have been hearing so much about in Belize when we get there! I am too little to have to endure frigid temperatures! I almost froze to death last winter!


There is not much left to organize in the next 14 days. I feel for my poor mom so much to get in line before we leave. She will be really happy to not have to worry so much about stuff being organized when we get to Belize. I think sometimes she thinks it sucks to be smart enough to organize all this stuff so we can do it, but if she wasn't we would not be doing it so we are happy she is smart enough. Soon all she will have to think about is going to the market to buy supper stuff and going to the beach to swim every day. Awe the life.

It sure took a long time and a LOT of work for mom and dad to get to the point where they are. So much organizing and planning and reorganizing. Life is never simple and it is especially chaotic when a person is trying to organize a whole new life! It is stressful, nothing ever goes the way you plan and you can never give up. They had to always be planning and working and saving so they can do what they dreamed of, especially tricky and hard if your not a millionaire which mom and dad are far from being! I know a lot of times mom wanted to just go back to her old life. I know a lot of times mom wishes she was the cute family mascot so all she had to do is go along for the ride.  I think she will be happy when all she has to worry about is what to buy for supper at the market, at least I hope that will be the biggest decision of the winter :-D

So I wait with bated breath for the 15th. It will be so exciting and scary! Only a few more things to take care of here before we go and then sun and ocean here we come.

Anyway gotta nap. Sniff ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment